Pictures of the area

  • Facebook
  • Twitter

These are photos of the buildings on the north side of the old OWL CAFE/SALOON. The building on the Left is the historic Owl Hotel and the building on the right side of it was where the 'madam' resided and to the far right of that is where the 'cribs' (brothels) were located. (Photo below)

Slim Riffle's cribs for the ladies of the night - Still standing. These were smaller rooms in addition to the hotel

The photos below are of the old Owl Garage. Originally built in 1938, it was a gas station, repair shop and and one point was a Plymouth/Dodge dealership in the late 40's

NOTE: 

* This section is private property, please do not bother owner. Thank you

Another angle

Below are photos of the famous historical Kelly Silver Mine (Directly behind our buildings and the surrounding area)

Kelly Silver Mine tailing piles in the background

Beautiful Red Mountain, CA

On the other side of the old Owl Cafe (the south side) is Slim Riffle's home where he lived. Apparently he had enough dough to by up property in the area. People still live in these surrounding houses

Beautiful sunset in the Red Mountain community!

Note: Slim Riffle built the Owl Pool Hall first (our place) about 1920 but ir burned down, he then built the Owl Cafe - the next year he built the Owl Hotel next door in 1921 (and then afterwards the other buildings.)

CALIFORNIA RAND SILVER MILL 1922

KELLY SILVER MILL 1930'S

6000 OZ’S PER TON. THE KELLY SILVER MINE WAS SO RICH THAT IT WAS CALLED ‘THE MINE WITH NO TAILINGS PILE’

Back To Home Page:

The Kelly Silver Mine headframe - Sadly it fell down and no longer in it's former glory but you can still see it behind The Owl Cafe

Red Mountain

* An interesting movie was made here with Andy Griffith in 1974 called 'SAVAGES' - when it was still a gas station/garage with no fence. Click for video:

  • YouTube

MR. SECURITY & GOLDMINERS OUTPOST

701 Highway 395, Red Mountain, CA

1-760-374-2102

Email: findinggold@yahoo.com

 

RedMtnKellySilver.com

 

RandDesertMuseum.com

 

https://crazyforgold007.wixsite.com/mysite-1

  • Facebook

Historical site of  well-known Doc Drummond's little hospital. (Off Red Mountain road from Hwy 395 in Red Mountain.) He took care of the miners and the 'ladies of the night'. In 1946 a fire burned his place down and he later went on to found The Drummond Medical Center and the Ridgecrest Hospital. There's a street named after him in the city of Ridgecrest. More can be learned about him and the other characters of the area, in the book 'Tales from the Owl Saloon' (which is sold at the Owl Cafe/Mining Museum

  • Facebook
  • Twitter

500 Terry Francois Street
San Francisco, CA 94158

© 2023 by Business Coming Soon. Proudly created with Wix.com